Grading Revision Questionnaire For Blue Belts and above
Who is the Founder of Tae Kwon-Do?
- (General Choi Hong Hi, 9th Degree Black Belt began the art of Too Kwon Do on 11th April,
1955, in South Korea.)
Who brought Tae Kwon-Do into England and when?
What does the 'BT.C.' stand for and when was
it formed ?
When was the 'TAGB' founded ?
When was 'Tae Kwon-Do International' formed
Name the following members of the 'T.AG.B ':
- National Secretary
- Vice Chairman
- England Coach
- Name 10 committee members of the 'T.AG.B'
- What does the 'T.AG.B' stand for?
- Why was the 'B.T.C.' formed ?
- Do you know what the Kokkiwon is?
- 'W.T.F.' Headquarters in South Korea.
- 'Guburyo Sogi' (bending ready stance) is used
- Preparation for side kick
- In our patterns we have 3 different jumps.
Explain what you are doing in each one and
name the patterns.
- 'Guburyo Sogi' is done in which patterns?
- What part of the forearm do we use for 'X'
fist block '!
- Name the Korean term for Hand Parts
- Name the Korean term for Foot Parts
- Name the Korean term for 'Head'
- Name all the stances that you know - giving
the Korean terms as well.
- Name all the kicks that you know - giving the
Korean terms as 'well.
- Name all techniques we use 'Sonbadak' for, and
their Korean terms
- 1. Upwards palm heel
- 2. Palm heel strike
- 3. Inwards palm heel
- 4. Pushing palm block
- 5. Pressing block
- 6. Double palm heel block ..
- 7 Hooking block
- Name 7 different techniques we use Palkup for.
- In which Infantry Division did General Choi
Hong Hi serve?
- 29th Infantry Division (refer to pattern Hwa Rang )
- In which Infantry Division did Master Rhee Ki
Ha learn Tae Kwon-Do ?
- Who is Master Rhee Ki Ha ?
- Why do Tae Kwon-Do practitioners do a 'break
- To demonstrate the practitioners' ability to
- Whilst performing patterns, what important
considerations should be observed ?
- You should start and finish on the same spot.
- The pattern should be performed with realism.
- You should be tensed and relaxed at the
correct moments in the pattern.
- If there was a sixth tenet what would it be
- Why do we have a license?
- When we perform a pattern. why should we
finish on the same spot that we started on ?
- If you pass your black belt, how would this
help your Instructor?
- What's the difference between a red belt &
- What's the difference between 3-Step &
- What's the difference between 2-Step & 1
- Name all our 'set sparring' in Korean.
- Semi-free sparring
- 3-Step semi free
- If you were an Instructor; what would you tell
your students about the TAGB?
- As a black belt, how do you think you should
help and support your Instructor?
- Why do you want to be a black belt?
- What is the difference between a 1st Dan &
2nd Dan ?
- What does 'I.T.F.', 'W.T.F.' & 'T.I.'
- 'International Tae Kwon-Do Federation'
- World Tae Kwon-Do Federation'
- 'Tae Kwon-Do International'
- Name the three ancient Kingdoms of Korea.
- What is the main purpose of '1 Step' sparring?
- Name three middle section targets.
- Solar Plexus, floating Ribs, Kidneys, Abdomen,
- Name the kicks that you use 'Ap kumchi' for.
- What ancient art does Tae Kwon-Do gain its
- What is the difference between a 'strike' and
a 'thrust' '?
- A 'strike' aims to break bones and damage
- A 'thrust' is meant to pierce the surface to
hit the vital target.
- What do the following words mean '?
- What is General Choi Hong Hi's pseudonym ?
- Ch'ang-Hon or 'Blue Cottage'
- What was the name given to the ancient group
of noble warriors where the seed of Tae
Kwon-Do was sown?
- The 'Hwa Rang' - 'flowering youth' or 'Way of
- Vertical Stance measures:
- 1 shoulders width
apart from the toes of the front foot to the
heel of the back foot.
- Name techniques where the 'Dwitchook' is used
- Explain how to do a 'side kick' without
- Name all" kicks where we use the 'balkal'
- Name all the parts of the foot that we use for
a turning kick
- Name coloured belt patterns where you use a
- When performing 'doo palmok makgi' ( double
forearm block) - what is the opposite arm
- 1. To re-inforce the block
- 2. Guarding the solar plexus
- 3. Ready to produce low block
- How do you create power in a side kick?
- What else do the 38 movements in 'Yul Gok'
- The 38th Degree Latitude is the dividing line
between North & South Korea.
- What does the black trim around the black belt
- The colours of the Korean Royal Family.
- What have you gained from studying Tae Kwon-do?
- How has Tae Kwon-do helped you outside of the
- Explain the application of a 'thrust' and a
'strike' - i.e. different way they are
- Why is 'Sajo Jirugi' not a Pattern ?
- Why does the student perform 'Sajo Jirugi' ?
- Why do we learn the meanings of our Patterns ?
- Meaning of Patterns.
- Which of the 5 tenets do you think you have achieved and why.
- Name for techniques.
- Hand and arm parts in English/Korean.
- History of TKD.
- What are Doo Palmok, Sang Bakat Palmok, and Chookyo in English?
- What is the difference between L and fixed stance and their names in Korean?
- What is the purpose of stances?
- What are the three main items learned in 3 step that is not used in line work.
- If you could add another tenet in TKD what would it be?
- Why do you learn the meaning of patterns?
- What are the vital spots of the body middle section?
- What are the vital spots of the body high section?
- Name for training hall, Uniform, Belt, and Instructor.
- What is 3 step, 2 step, 1 step, semi-free, and free sparring called?
- What part of the foot is used in front kick, turning kick, side kick, and reverse turning kick?
- What do various belt colours signify?
- Baldung and Dwitkumchi in English.
- What qualities would you be looking for in a black belt?
- What qualities would you be looking. for in an Instructor, what are the attributes of your Instructor.
- What is the difference between TAGB TKD and WTF TKD, physical and political?
- What are the five tenets of TKD? Define them.
- What is the difference between side, front and back elbow.
- How many patterns up to Choong-Moo contain the stance Guburyo sogi.
- How do you generate power?
- What are the benefits of the TAGB?
- What is the Korean terminology for bow, start and stop?
- How would you describe your achievements up to this point in your training?
- Why are students taught to shout (Ki-Hap) and what is the benefit.
- What is a pattern?
- What is the purpose of the jump in Yul-Gok, Toi-Gye and Choong Moo pattern?
- How would you describe the TAGB to someone wishing to join?
- What is twist kick called and what are the three target areas?
- What is the difference between a thrust and a strike?
- What do you learn from 1-step?
- Name all the different types of punching you know and describe the differences.
- What is gained by practising semi - free sparring?
- Explain how the tenets relate to everyday life.
- In general, how do you think the law views self defence if you are attacked.